Do you know what is the cuticle of the hair, and why its condition depends on the appearance of your hair?
The structure of the hair and function of the cuticle.
Each hair consists of:
- the inner spongy part (medulla), which serves to protect the scalp from overheating;
- cortex – the second layer, giving the strands shape, color, elastic-strength characteristics;
- cuticles – the outer layer, which serves to protect the rod.
1. On average, the cuticle has about 10 layers, created from natural flakes, which are superimposed on each other and serve to block access to the cortex. They can fit very tightly − and then the hair becomes strong. Over the years, the scales fly around and the split ends of the strands can be seen how much hair is prone to fracture.
2. Between the cuticles there is a lipid layer that glues the layers, preventing water from leaving the hair. Liquid is placed between keratin fibers and in them: its lack of instantaneously is bad for able hair. Therefore, those who grow hair and cut rarely have to regularly feed them and use water-locking means.
What the cuticle consists of.
Cuticle is represented by 4 components.
The epicuticle. It consists of s protein and lipids. It filters the air, passing deep into the hair dust-free oxygen, and reduces friction between the individual hairs.
A-layer. Filled with protein, protects hair from damage by chemicals and mechanical action. Rich in sulfur, it provides strength to the strands.
Ecoculture. Protein-cystine composition has a positive effect on the water resistance of the hair, participates in the sebaceous glands.
Endocuticle. In contact with excess moisture raises the scales, causing ruffling. Therefore, the hair should be dried immediately after washing in a natural way, so as not to cause tearing of the cuticle layers.
What is damaged cuticle.
- Wind, rain, bright summer sun , which abounds in London, actively interact with our hair. Those who do not cover their hair in the summer heat, the autumn obtained hair dry and quickly breaking. Cuticles are lifted when dry, cortex becomes damaged, lipids are destroyed. Natural clarification of hair is explained by the disappearance of red and blue pigment.
- Coloring affects the natural pigmentation, transforming the hair shaft, so it has a negative effect on the density of the scaly coating.
- Traditional Curling leads to dull strands, sometimes they peresekayutsya the result of defective work of a master Barber.
- Straightening curls chemically removes the film coating with a curl, which is exposed unprepared for independent operation of the middle layer.
- Frequent use of Curling irons, hair dryers, irons harms thermal heating, violating the natural structure of the elements of hair.
- Wrong combing, starting from the roots. This is especially harmful for long hair, from which the sharp movements of the brush pulled out whole strands.
As a result of accidental and irreversible processes of damage to the cuticles, a system complex for hair care is needed. Uashophair will help you find answers to your questions and get help in the form of the proposed tools.